Chicken with Pumpkin Sauce


The method I used to cook chicken with pumpkin sauce is similar to how I cook salted egg chicken.  I prefer using pumpkin as it is healthier than salted egg.  The recipe I share here is actually from the variety show '4 Chefs' (四大名厨).  I have replaced chili padi with dried chili as I did not have chili padi that day.  I also added some curry leaves.


Ingredients

Chicken
1)  150g chicken (cut into bite size)
2)  1/2 tsp salt
3)  1/2 tsp sugar
4)  1 tsp sesame oil
5)  some pepper
6)  1 egg
7)  6 tbsp. cornstarch


Pumpkin Sauce
1)  100g pumpkin
2)  2 tbsp. butter
3)  6 tbsp. evaporated milk
4)  2 to 3 chili padi (cut)
5)  1/2 tsp salt
6)  1/2 tsp sugar
7)  2 tbsp. water
8)  1 tsp minced garlic
9)  some curry leaves  (optional)

Method

Chicken
1)  Marinade chicken with salt, sugar, sesame oil, pepper and egg for 30 mins.
2)  Coat chicken with cornstarch and deep fried until golden brown and set aside.

Pumpkin Sauce

1)  Slice pumpkin and steam for about 15 mins or until soft.  Mash pumpkin (I use a fork to mash pumpkin).
2)  Fry minced garlic until fragrant.
3)  Add mashed pumpkin, butter, evaporated milk, salt, sugar, water.  Stir fry all these ingredients until they are incorporated.   
4)  Add chili padi and curry leaves and stir fry.


Pumpkin Sauce

5)  Add chicken and stir fry until chicken pieces are coated with pumpkin sauce.








Popular Posts