Coffee Pork Chop

Coffee pork chop is so different from sweet and sour pork chop.  I think it can only be found in Singapore....and maybe Malaysia.  I found a recipe from the Meatman website and can't wait to give a try.  However, the recipe calls from instant coffee which I don't have.  I don't buy instant coffee as I find them unhealthy.  I only have coffee powder.  Using my creativity, I modified the recipe by using coffee powder instead of instant coffee.  I have posted two recipes in this blog so that you can compare or try different recipes.

Ingredient

1.  500g pork loin (cut into think slices and tenderize them)
2.  1/2 tsp baking soda
3.  1 egg white
4.  some pepper
5.  some sesame oil
6.  1 tbsp. cornstarch
7.  1 tbsp soy sauce
8.  1 tbsp. sugar
9.  1 tsp salt

Sauce (Meatman version)
  1. 2 packets instant coffee
  2. 1 tbsp brown sugar
  3. 1 tbsp sugar
  4. 1 tbsp minced garlic
  5. 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
  6. 1 tbsp rice wine
  7. 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
  8. 3 tbsp water
Sauce (My version)

1.  1.5 tsp coffee
2.  3 tbsp sugar
3.  1 tbsp minced garlic
4.  2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
5.  1 tbsp rice wine
6.  1 tbsp dark soy sauce
7.  3 tbsp water
8.  1 tbsp cornstarch water

Method

Deep Fried Pork Chops
1.  Marinate pork chops with all the ingredients for at least 1 hour.
2.  Deep fry pork chops until golden brown and set aside.

Sauce (My version)
1)  Mix all ingredients (excluding cornstarch water) in a bowl.
2)  Heat the mixture in a pan.
3)  Slowly add cornstarch water into mixture and stir until thickens.
     (If using Meatmen's version, omit this part)
4)  Toss pork chops into mixture.
5)  Serve with coriander.



Popular Posts