Mian Jian Guo 面煎粿

Mian Jian Guo (面煎粿) is my comfort food.  I love the smell and taste of peanut fillings.  In this recipe, I am using peanut powder and toasted sesame seeds, but my favourite filling is thick peanut butter.  I hope I can find or create the peanut butter filling which I like someday.    


Ingredients (adopted from Meat man)

1.  130 g flour
2.  2 tbsp sugar
3.  1/2 tsp baking soda
4.  1/2 tsp instant yeast
5.  1 egg
6.  160 ml lukewarm water

 
Filling
  1. 50g ground peanuts powder ( I got mine from Phoon Huat.  Alternatively, you make your own peanuts powder by using a blender.)
  2. 15g toasted white sesame seeds
  3. 25g sugar
Method

  1. Add plain flour, baking soda, yeast, sugar, egg, lukewarm to a bowl.  Mix batter till smooth.
Whisk all ingredients
     2. Cover loosely, and let it proof for 30mins.
     3. Apply oil to a non stick pan on low heat and spread evenly with paper towel.
     4. After pan is heated evenly, add batter, cover and cook for 4 mins.
Pour batter in a non-stick pan
     5. Add fillings and cover pan with lid.  Cook for another 2-3 mins.
     6. Fold into half with spatula, cut and serve
Fillings
  1. Toast white sesame seeds in pan till slightly brown.
  2. Add sesame seeds to peanuts powder and sugar and mix them together.




Popular Posts