Butter Cake

Sometimes, I really have no idea what to prepare for breakfast.  I opened my cupboard which stores my baking supplies and decided to bake a butter cake, which, to me is simple and can be done within an hour.  I have tried to bake butter cake a few times but the texture was always not what I want.  Recently, I found a recipe which produces 'Sara Lee' look alike butter cake.  I actually half the ingredients as I wanted to bake a small cake.



Make: 11 cm by 20cm rectangular baking tin

Ingredients: (adopted from food-4tots.com)
 1. 125g salted butter, at room temperature
 2. 100g plain flour/ all purpose flour
 3. 1 tsp double action baking powder
 4. 90g castor sugar
 5. 2 eggs
 6. 2 tbsp fresh milk
 7. 1 tsp vanilla essence

Methods:
  1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
  2. Line baking tin with grease-proof paper.
  3. Mix plain flour and baking powder together and sieve. Set aside.
  4. Use low speed to mix butter and sugar until well combined. Change to medium speed and beat until light and pale in yellow.
  5. Add in the first egg. Beat well after each addition of egg until creamy.
  6. Add in vanilla essence and mix well.
  7. Divide flour into three portions, use lowest speed to mix in flour.
  8. Add milk bit by bit.
  9. Pour the mixture into baking tin.
  10. Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown and cooked. If a toothpick/skewer comes out clean, it is done.
  11. Remove it from the oven and leave the cake in the tin to cool before serving.
  12. Best to serve warm.
Note
I used salted butter in this recipe as I only have salted butter then.
Add a pinch of salt if you are using unsalted butter.

Popular Posts