Friday, August 22, 2014

Niche Boulangerie @ Toa Payoh



Walking to Toa Payoh Lorong 1 market on Sunday, I notice a tiny but cosy café next to Creamier Café.  The cakes on display are pretty enough to attract me to the café.  I ask the staff, who I think is the boss, for a menu.  He refers me to the menu board for all the beverages the café serves.  He then patiently introduces the pastries and sandwiches.




I study the menu board on the wall and order a Amaretto Latte. The boss kindly explains that it is latte with almond flavour.  Before I could sip the latte, the aroma of almond fills the air. The coffee is rich and foamy.


The cakes look delicious and I finally settle for Berries Bavarian ($5.90).  The jam on the cake is thick.  There is a good balance of sweet and sour. 


I am a sandwich lover, so I try the Sausage Croque Monsieur.  I find out later that croque monsieur is a type of sandwich which originated from France.  No wonder the bread is similar to French Toast.  The sandwich is filled with mushrooms and sausages.  The portion is just right for ladies.

Smoked Salmon Quiche is equally delicious.  The light and crisp crust contains the fluffy eggs and smoke salmon. 


Although Niche Boulangerie is new to the café scene at Toa Payoh, it has already gained a few loyal customers. As I am paying up, a lady customer actually introduces the Brownies and Banana Nutella Muffin.  Thumbs up for their sincere service.  I hope they can expand the café so that more people can enjoy their food.


My Ratings  :  4.2 / 5

Address :  128 Lorong 1 Toa Payoh #01-833 S310128

Nearest MRT Station  :  Toa Payoh MRT Station or Braddell MRT Station

Opening Hours :

Telephone  :  9633 5108

https://www.facebook.com/nichebou?fref=ts

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Eat Drink Joy Blogger Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template