Friday, August 15, 2014

Hidden Gem .....The Coastal Settlement

Located at a quiet corner of Singapore, The Coastal Settlement is a hidden gem.  I felt as if I had travelled back to the 1970s when I stepped into the café. 

Vintage cars and furniture remind me of old Singapore.  It is also a great place to bring your children along as there is a 'playground' at the backyard. 




For starters, we ordered the Coastal Wings.  The wings were well marinated.  The chilli was not spicy but sour.
 


We had thin crust garlic prawns pizza.  The pizza was great.  The prawns were fresh.  As the name suggested, there was lots of garlic.  This dish is meant for those who like garlic.


Rosti Sausage consist of a large sausage, rosti, sunny side up eggs and salad.  We enjoyed the rosti, which was quite thick and crispy.


We ordered Garlic Prawn Agilo Oilo.  I expected to have the usual type of agilo oilo, that is cooked with just garlic and chilli oil.  This agilo oilo was cooked with a twist.   It was, in my opinion, the Singapore version.   The chilli was cooked with dried shrimps.  It was a bit moist and savoury.  I can't stop eating this dish....yummy.





The Blackforest Cake in a Jar was a winner.  We totally loved the vanilla ice cream.  It was smooth and creamy.  One of the best ice cream I ever had. 



My Ratings : 4.7 / 5

Address  :  200, Netheravon Road, Singapore 508529

Operation hours :  Tuesday - Sunday { 10.30am till 12 Midnight }
                                 Last order for Food @ 9:30pm




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Eat Drink Joy Blogger Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template