Friday, August 1, 2014

Gobi Desserts @ Joo Chiat Road

Gobi Desserts is a cosy cafe located along Joo Chiat Road.  It is a place where both young and old will enjoy.  I was attracted by the décor.  The arch like mural looks like a tunnel inviting me to walk into the kitchen.   


 

Crème Brulee Poire William is a classic custard dessert ($12) .  I totally enjoy this dessert.  The top is covered with caramelised sugar and is crispy, thin and easy to crack.  The custard is smooth and rich.  I enjoy digging into the pear. 

                                                      


There are 4 types of cheese cake to choose from.  Unlike the cheesecake from many other café or confectionary which tends to be heavy, the chocolate cheesecake ($7.50)  is light and delicious.  Dark chocolate is used to ensure the quality.  It is one of the best cheesecake I have had.

As much as I enjoy the desserts, I cannot say that for coffee.  The coffee is not strong and quite bland.  I feel that it is a must to serve good coffee to complement the delicious dessert. 
 
Do visit Gobi Dessert if you want to try the dessert.  You will not regret.  Just choose your coffee carefully.


My Ratings :  3.4 / 5

Address  :  350 Joo Chiat Road S427598 
Telephone  :  6345 2127
Operating Hours  : Tue to Thu: 1200 - 2100
                               Fri to Sun: 1200 - 2200
                               Closed on Mon
 

http://www.gobi.com.sg/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Eat Drink Joy Blogger Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template